Skip to content
Before Your Holiday:
- Reservations received by letter, email or verbally will be held for a maximum of 7 days pending receipt of 50% deposit as confirmation of your booking
- We accept personal cheques drawn from a UK bank account or building society, cash in GB Pounds, or bankers draft. We reserve the right to pass on any cost we incur by any payment not listed above, or if we have to re-present any cheques.
- The final balance for your holiday is due 6 weeks before the start of your booked week.
- If the final balance has not been received by the due date, then the deposit will be forfeited and we will be entitled to re-let the cottage.
- If you book less than 6 weeks before the commencement of your holiday, then the full balance is payable at the time of booking.
- We are not VAT registered and therefore no VAT will be charged on your holiday.
- We recommend that you have travel cancellation insurance or take out an appropriate policy.
- If you need to cancel your booking for any reason, please do so in writing. We will, of course endeavour to re-let the cottage, but may have to do so at a discounted rate. If we are able to re-let the cottage, we will refund any monies paid less any discount necessary to re-let the cottage.
- In the unlikely event that we are unable to honour your booking, our liability will be restricted to the repayment of the deposit/balance received from you to date. We will not be liable for providing alternative accommodation.
During Your Holiday:
- Sunnylea Cottage will be available from 3.00pm on the day of your arrival. The cottage must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of your departure to allow adequate cleaning and re-stocking for the next booking. We are happy to discuss earlier arrival times, subject to availability.
- The cost of electricity and gas is included in the price and during the colder months a fire will assembled in the wood burner along with some spare logs. If additional logs are required these can be purchased locally.
- You will be provided with two sets of keys for the property. Please ensure that these are returned upon your departure. We reserve the right to charge for any replacements.
- We provide bedding, towels, bath mats and tea towels for the duration of your stay. We also provide sufficient cleaning products and toilet rolls for normal use. If your stay is for two weeks, we will provide clean bedding and towels for each week. However, cleaning is not undertaken mid duration.
- This is a No Smoking cottage. If you are a smoker please have regard for other none smoking users.
- No pets are allowed within the cottage.
- If any of the appliances at the cottage, fail or break down, we will endeavour to repair or replace them as soon as possible. Sometimes, however, immediate rectification is not always possible.
- Whilst we appreciate that accidents do happen from time to time, please advise us of any breakages or damage as soon as possible, so that remedial action can be taken. We accept that things do get broken through day to day use. We do however reserve the right to charge the full cost for repair or replacement for any items damaged through misuse.
- We reserve the right of reasonable access to the property at all times. We will always endeavour to advise you in advance if this is necessary.
- We cannot accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to you or any member of your party, vehicle or possessions during your stay at the cottage.
- We value the good relations that we have with our neighbours and the community in general. We want you to enjoy your stay, but request that you have respect for the neighbourhood and avoid any anti social act or unreasonable behaviour that could be of nuisance. Any such behaviour constitutes a breach of our booking conditions and we will have no alternative but to terminate your booking and no refund will be due.
- Data Protection: For booking purposes it is necessary to obtain information about your party in order to ensure that everything runs smoothly and any special needs are met. All information will be treated confidentially and appropriate measures taken to protect the information. We will not share your information with any third party, but we may use it to inform you of any offers or promotions concerning the cottage.